Thank you for your interest in Canterbury House Publishing. Because we are a small publishing house with minimal staff, from time to time our commitments exceed our abilities to take on new publishing projects. As such, we are not accepting new queries or taking on any new publishing projects until further notice.
Manuscript Submission Guidelines:
We have recently revised our submission guidelines. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines below.
We give preference to manuscripts that have a strong Southeastern U.S. regional setting.
We are looking for fiction with an unusual protagonist that could be part of a romance/suspense or mystery series. We will consider a story with an interesting historical or supernatural slant as long as it’s regionally significant. We will consider a well written memoir or inspirational novel that has a strong regional appeal.
We are not interested in spy thrillers or any books with graphic violence, sex, or foul language. We are not interested in children books and will consider young adult novels on a very limited basis.
We have a small staff. Manuscripts will be read, but not by a particular editor. They may also be partially read by the marketing department. A manuscript may take up to two months to be reviewed.
Please find below the procedures for submitting manuscripts:
- Preferred method to query us at Canterbury House Publishing: Please contact us via our website contact page to request our editorial e-mail address.
- If applicable, please include a link to your Website.
- Upon receiving our editorial e-mail address, initially send us a query letter with a synopsis maximum of 2 pages. We will request a manuscript if interested. Please do not send any manuscripts unless requested.
- Should we request your manuscript: Manuscripts should be submitted in an MS Word document with 1 inch margins and double-spaced. Please use Times New Roman font in 12 points.
- Works of moderate length: 50,000 to 100,000 words.
- We no longer accept any manuscripts via the postal service. Should we receive a hard copy via USPS or any other delivery method, the manuscript will be discarded without review.
Thank you for considering submission of your manuscript to our publishing house.